Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Want a quick and easy dinner recipe? And under $10?  Here it is

Italian Sausage and Potato Roast (From All You Magazine)
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1/2 sweet onion sliced
3/4 lb red potatoes cut into quarters
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
pepper
1 lb Italian sausage cut into chunks

1. Preheat oven to 450.  Line baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.  In a large bowl toss peppers, onion, potatoes with olive oil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper.  Spread on baking sheet.

2. Distribute sausage chunks among veggies. 


3.Roast until sausages are cooked through.  About 30 minutes.  Stir once or twice during baking.

506 calories, 39 g fat, 86 mg chol, 3 g fiber, 18 g pro, 20 g carbs

My likes: Only 10 minutes prep time!  One bowl and one pan to clean (which the foil makes it super easy).  Lots of veggies.  Cheap.  Easily can swap out sausage with...turkey, chicken anything really {if your trying to watch your weight like me.  Well I'm really trying to watch it go down) The boys loved it

2 comments:

  1. that meal looks very good and super easy, new follower from MBC, http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!
    I’m your newest follower from MBC. Great site! You can check me out at http://www.theecoblogger.com and join me on FB too http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Jodi-Lee-EcoWarrior/172740309414167 Cheers,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me - I'll talk back! In a good way...